Does your account have Instagram Highlights? As we know, Instagram and Facebook stories disappear after 24 hrs which can be very annoying. Instagram came up with a way of keeping these stories on your profile, they call it Instagram Highlights.
You probably have seen them on others’ accounts or you might have them yourself.
Instagram Story Highlights is a place where your stories can live permanently on your profile.
For those branded, educational and eye-catching stories there’s a place to keep them permanently instead of only 24 hrs. This is a great feature to use to keep KEY information about your practice such as: hours, address, before and after pictures, reviews, etc!
Are Instagram Highlights beneficial for a dental practice?
Yes, 100%! IG highlights are a great place to keep key information that will benefit those coming across your account. When new eyes come across your page they might not necessarily click on your website or might only look at a few of your posts. That’s when highlights come in!
Having highlights allow them to look at the important information in a quick and easy way.
IG highlights are beneficial for any business!
WHAT CATEGORIES TO HAVE AS A DENTAL OFFICE?
Think about what information is important for patients and potential patients. What information would they need or what to know about your practice? These are the type of highlights/information you want to have available.
For a Dental Office I recommend:
- About the practice (address, hours, key info about the office, team, pictures around the office, etc)
- Before & After
- Team members
You don’t have to have all of these available. It depends on your practice! If you do a lot of cosmetic work a before and after highlight might be very beneficial. If you want to promote Invisalign, an Invisalign highlight might be KEY!
The highlights that you create for your office are based on your practice and goals! I recommend not having more than 4-5 highlights.
HOW TO CREATE INSTAGRAM HIGHLIGHTS?
- Go to your profile and press “New” (insert picture)
- Select the stories you want to add to this highlight by clicking on them. Then press “NEXT”
- Add the name of the highlight (keep it short)
- Then, press on edit cover and select the picture you want for the cover.
- Lastly, press “ADD”
HOW TO CREATE UNIQUE INSTAGRAM HIGHLIGHT COVERS?
To brand your content and highlights you can create covers (See my highlight covers below).
As you can see they are branded and keep key information.
There are different ways you can create highlight covers.
- There are apps available. Search highlight covers on the app store. You will come across many.
- You don’t have to create a cover, you can just pick one of your stories as the cover. I do recommend you create branded covers.
- Canva. Seach highlight covers on the search bar and different options will come up. You can pick a style, brand colors, and elements that best represent the highlight.
Here are some examples of covers I’ve created for my clients as well as mine:
If you are still not sure if you should create them I highly recommend you do! They are useful for patients and potential patients. Once you create them, make sure every few months you review them, remove whatever content no longers represents your practice, or freshen it up with new content.
Read more: Create Captivating & Engaging Instagram Stories Today! Stories 101
To connect with me and learn more about social media marketing for your dental practice, follow me on social media instagram.com/thesocialhygienist