Instagram is constantly adding new features to its platform. New fun and interactive ways to keep audiences engaged! The new Instagram feature “Reels”.
Have you filmed your first reel yet? If you haven’t, this blog post is for YOU! You will learn everything you need to know about reels. As well as, how your dental practice will benefit from using reels.
What are Instagram Reels?
Reels are similar to TikTok’s short videos that can have music, features and are all about entertaining. Some have background music, text, some people use them to show off their dance moves, and others to educate. They can be 15 or 30 seconds.
Since reels are the “new feature” on IG, Instagram is pushing that type of content a lot. Which you, as a business, should take advantage of.
Benefits of reels for businesses
As a business, why would you want to use reels? Will they actually benefit your business or marketing? Yes, 100%. And let’s start by saying you don’t have to dance to post reels. I’ve filmed a bunch and never danced in any of them (you’re welcome followers). Reels are another way to show your personality, practice, and team.
Here’s why you want to use reels for your business:
- Show your personality by using a funny voiceover and audio.
- If you sell any product, it’s a great feature to use to talk and educate more on it.
- A fun way to show behind the scenes.
- Show your expertise through educational content (3 tips to ________, why you need to visit the dentist, 3 things to watch for with your teeth, 2 electric toothbrushes we recommend, etc).
- Increases engagement on your account.
What does each icon mean?
Instagram Reels Tips and tricks
- Be prepared when going to film reels, have your props and ideas ready. Write down a bullet point list of points. This will help you save time.
- Have fun with them.
- Be energetic when filming them. Nobody wants to see someone without energy and dragging their feet.
- When adding text to the reels, use your brand colors.
- Add hashtags to the reels. Add them at the end of the caption, seems to work best instead of adding them to the first comment.
- Set once or twice a month to film reels. Create a stash of them so you never run out of options.
- Get team members involved.
- To find audios to do voiceovers, search the discover page. Screenshot the account so you know how to find it again.
- Look at the discover page for inspiration.
- Don’t let reels intimidate you. Once you start filming them it gets much easier! They will help your engagement, reach and growth…so use them!
Check out some of my Instagram reels…
Ready to start filming your own reels? Download my freebie and get 6 Instagram Reel ideas!
Make sure you are following me on Instagram for more social media tips instagram.com/thesocialhygienist